Try it!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Got my first comment, bitches!

OK, this clearly means I have arrived. Not only do I have a comment, it is thoughtful. Suck on that! Here it is, in its glorious entirety:


"This is an odd time for Temp Town. During the lean years I seldom encountered some of the more eccentric sorts, presumably b/c firms and agencies could afford to be more selective than they can right this minute. If I am only hearing about them second hand they make me smile, because that's a good sign that I wont be walking the metaphorical streets for long... "
 
So here is my comment on this comment. I hope this temp is right in being optimistic and finds real work soon. My take is, the worst of the worst are now on payrolls because things are busy. Unfortunately, I think they are busy for temps because real jobs are still scarce, and temps are filling the void. Firms are loathe to hire for real. Further, because agencies are hitting the bottom of the barrel, firms are seeing how bad the bottom of the temp barrel is, and might be reluctant to hire from the temp pool at all, just because of how bad the bottom of the barrel is. No way we see much beyond the kind of staff attorney jobs we've seen in the past, which come and go at firm whim.

No comments: