Try it!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Actual Temp Conversation # something or other

What's the saying, keep your friends close?  I think the rest of that aphorism (or whatever the fuck that is -- maxim, maybe?) is "and your enemies closer."   In any event, there was a conversation on the job today that reminded me of that. The firm set up a Sharepoint site for us to post questions that they could answer in real time. The URL was phenomenally long and complicated. The fact that it would be saved in the brower did not stop at least some complaints, which led to this conversation:

CA1: They can't possibly expect us to log into this routinely. It'll take all day.

CA2: Just save it as a "favorite."

CA1: No way. Calling it a favorite implies that I like it, and I don't.

CA2:  Technology is your friend.

CA1: No, it isn't. Technology will kill you faster than anything, in ways you never dreamed of, without you ever knowing it is coming. Face it, the Amish have the right idea. No fucking technology. But I think they're wrong about airplanes. I mean, seriously, who's taking a horse and buggy to California?

CA2: But you're not Amish.

CA1: And do you have any idea how hard it is to become Amish? The initiation makes fraternities look like a bunch of pussies. The questionnaire alone will kill you, and that's just to get started.

CA2: There's a questionnaire?

CA1: Yeah, it's online. Which seems kind of fucked up. I mean, how can they have a questionnaire online if they don't use computers? Anyway, I think it's really hard to join.

No comments: