Try it!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Eggs over easy, hold the existential angst

Jesus, folks at work today were getting deep. Or what passes for deep among contract attorneys, anyway. Apparently, while I was away from my desk, a conversation started that wentin what I considered a strange direction. When I returned to my seat, there was some kind of discussion going on about doing what we do because of a lack of options. For whatever reason, I felt compelled to join in, naturally in a fashion guaranteed to make friends and influence people.

Me: Look, we have options, we just don't see them because we're stupid.

(Long silence.)

Temp 1: Actually, I hate to say this, but he's right. I can't believe that happened.

Me: It happens all the time, but you guys don't know it because you're stupid.

Naturally, I include myself in the "stupid" category, since if I were not stupid, I would have figured out something else to do by now.

No comments: