Try it!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Experiment in progress

I'm at work early on a Sunday morning, and to keep things interesting I'm conducting an experiment. As I was the first person to arrive, the lights were out in the workroom. It's not pitch black or anything -- one light fixture remains on at all times, and the double doors are open to the well-lit hallway. Plent of light to see and work in, but a more subdued lighting environment than the usual flourescent nightmare.

The experiment is this: how long before somebody walks in and turns on the lights without asking? This is Temp Town -- it will happen. It becomes more interesting and temp-like, though, the more people there are already in the room who obviously have chosen not to turn the lights on. Three other people have arrived so far; no one has turned the lights on. My money is on the large woman who sits across from me -- no nickname yet, although I think the Spin Doctors have met her.

No comments: