Try it!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I love the smell of Doom in the morning

It smells like, well, um, Doom. Yeah, party's over -- today is the last day of the project. I'm in the unenviable but all-too-familiar position of having no idea what I'm doing next. Fortunately, that is partly because I have a number of options that haven't firmed up yet. Unfortunately, they haven't firmed up yet. It is good to have lots of options but not good to not yet have work. You say tomato, I say just fucking hire me. There is one gig in particular at this agency that is supposed to start this week and all of us on this project are in theory going to just move to the new project. Alas, no firm word on a start date (or any other details, like rate, hours, etc.), which led to this conversation this morning:

CA1: I just don't want to leave here today not knowing what's going on with the new project.

CA2: Tough shit.

CA3: You're just so warm and fuzzy, reassuring people. Like a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll.

On the upside, we are getting Barbecue of Doom today for lunch. So we've got that going for us.

No comments: