Try it!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Guess the vacation's over

So I took Christmas off from blogging. And the day after. Boxing Day is, after all, a holiday in the UK. Mostly they drink, is my understanding. The libation of choice is a whiskey mac, or so I was told by a British girl I once dated. Apparently it involves whiskey and ginger ale. I was not so fortunate as to enjoy that tradition -- I was back at work Wednesday.  Cut the day short because we had yet another winter storm, with snow, freezing rain and the like. Kind of a disappointment, but still gave us another inch of snow or so.

So, in any event, we are back to blogging. Not that this gig is giving me anything to blog about. This might be the most boring job ever. And in Temp Town, that's saying something. Pretty much the only way to remedy that is to switch gigs, which I might be doing tomorrow. I'm starting a new job, but it's very short-term, so I'm not going to let my current gig know that I might never be back. Game plan is to say we're doing some holiday visiting. Then I'll see what occurs and take it from there. Maybe I'll be back to the Most Boring Gig Ever. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

No comments: