Try it!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Does anybody even say "ruffles and flourishes" anymore?

Probably not, I guess, but that certainly describes the typing of the guy who sits to my right. Mercifully, there is an empty desk between us, but Plugs is sitting to my right. I am too lazy to provide a link, but I have previously referred to Plugs, his horrific hair transplant failure and his typing excesses. Basically, Plugs is very theatrical when he types. He looks like he is listening to the "1812 Overture" when he types and employs the ruffles and flourishes one would expect under such circumstances. I could be wrong. It could be the "William Tell Overture," or maybe something from "The Student Prince," or even "Ode to Joy." But it's something lively, and he's into it. So I call it "Performance Typing."

The barking chick across from me is definitely not a performance typer. No ruffles and flourishes here: she is a 100 percent grudge typer. To her, the keyboard is somebody who pissed her off, fucked her over or stood her up for prom, and she treats it accordingly. She beats the living fuck out of that keyboard. She probably goes through three, four keyboards a year at home. Serious anger issues there. Naturally, I have no intention of questioning her on this. She'd probably beat my ass.

Like I said, could be this:


Where else you gonna get culture like this?

No comments: