Try it!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I just hope they don't become temps

 Via The Tax Prof, the Wall Street Journal is reporting that being a partner in Big Law is an increasingly precarious position. Apparently, firms are cutting partners who aren't producing as much revenue as they used to. This isn't totally new -- my first year at The Firm That Must Not Be Named (let's call it Voldemort) the powers that be whacked a half-dozen of what we used to call service partners. They didn't have their own business, but they had always done all the daily schlepping for the partners who actually had the client in their book of business. Now those guys don't make partner, but Voldemort spent my years there weeding them out until all partners had at least some business of their own.

Now, apparently, that is no guarantee of remaining with a firm. I just hope none of the partners getting whacked these days end up as temps. I'm pretty sure there are damn few of them I'd want to sit next to.

No comments: