Try it!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My next career

The contract-attorney industry is dying; I don't think any knowledgeable person denies that. There might always be contract attorneys, but there won't be many, at least not in this country. Technology and cheap overseas alternatives will see to that. So what next?

I believe I have hit on the alternative. Or at least an alternative. Time to become a music promoter. Not just any music promoter. I have a specific tour in mind. I think this can make a lot of people a lot of money. We'll take a festival-style tour of '80s bands that had big hits but maybe weren't huge, group four or five of them together or a tour and then throw in the wildcard: an '80s guy who became an internet meme, and we work him into the show.

I call it "The Rick-Rolling America Tour." What could be simpler? We take a band like ABC:


We add a band like Heaven 17:


After that, so many choices. Kajagoogoo? Q-Feel? I don't know. Probably the headliner is Depeche Mode:


So you get four or five bands like this on one bill, but at every tour stop, one of them actually doesn't play, and instead you get:


Tell me this isn't brilliant.


No comments: