Try it!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Chapter the umptieth, in which our fearless blogger battles Nature

Seriously, a yardwork post? Yeah, I told you things are slow in Temp Town, so I'm reduced to posting about the massive yard project I am undertaking at the direction of Mrs. Wolves. Two weekends in, no end in sight. It will probably kill me.

So last weekend, the Packer's bye week, I was forced to begin preparing the battlespace for Mrs. Wolves' front yard makeover. As you can see from these two pictures, we're dealing with a fairly ordinary townhouse front yard space. Bushes, flower beds, grass. Nothing really out of the ordinary.




But you can see the chain leading to the bush in the bottom photo. What's up with that?


Hmmmmm.


OH MY GOD THEY KILLED THE BUSH! Pulled that sucker right out of the ground. And the bloodletting was just beginning. Two fat, dumb and happy boxwoods? Toast.



The humanity.


Sure, the lone survivor stood tall at first. But he had to know it was just a matter of time.


When it was over, the corpses were lined up like cordwood. Which was kind of fitting, I guess.


Sure the grasses were looking a little nervous.



But it turns out they were just in line for a little haircut.


At least for now, that is. Who knows what the future holds.

So anyway, even this little sucker got yanked, although I had to do this one with a shovel because it wasn't stout enough to wrap a chain around. In any event, it's gone, too.


Boy, was I sore when it was over. Actually, not really. The truck did most of the work, after all, although I did have to dig out the one bush/weed/whatever-the-fuck-that-thing-was. The next week was when it got ugly. But I will deal with that in another post.

1 comment:

RAF said...

Hahaa! Yardwork done right.