Try it!

Friday, October 25, 2013

I can't believe I turned down free beer

The agency for which I am working threw a happy hour for my project last night to celebrate the second anniversary of the project's start, with free food and drink at a nice local restaurant/bar. I like free stuff as much as the next guy, but I was really glad that Mrs. Wolves issued a come-get-me summons that prevented me from attending. The pros of attending were far outweighed by the cons.

Think of it like this: It's kind of like being invited to a party where you know there will be a couple people you actually want to hang out with, another few who you don't mind hanging out with and a whole bunch you have no desire to hang out with. In addition, an indeterminate number of people from your employer will be there, all of whom can probably get you fired. On top of that, an unknown number of people from the client will be there. They, too, can probably get you fired. So I can go to a party with a bunch of people I don't want to party with and undergo a non-zero chance that something will happen to piss off someone who can get me fired, and the upside here is some free booze? Pass.

No comments: