Try it!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'm detecting a pattern here

The pattern is, it seems to snow every damn week at least once. Maybe not a lot, at least not every time, but often. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, it did it again. This time, it was just a dusting. At 5:30 Wednesday morning, I took Jeb the Wonder Dog out to pee and found that about 1/4 inch of snow had fallen sometime during the night.


Because the temperature hasn't been above freezing for about two weeks, still lots of snow from previous snowfalls still on the ground. Jeb the Wonder Dog, of course, doesn't mind snow as he has a nice fur coat:


I'll try to get a picture next time, but when I am working outside in the snow and Jeb is with me, he cheerfully lies down in the snow to wait as if he were indoors on a nice, warm sofa.

While we were out walking, Jeb the Wonder Dog and I saw deer tracks on the sidewalk. So good to be close to nature, especially when nature is civilized enough to use the sidewalk:


Granted, this was a trivial snowfall, but apparently it is snowing a lot this winter all over the country. A reader sent me this picture, and I wanted to give credit to the website that originally posted it. Unfortunately, a Google search (for images) will tell you that a whole bunch of churches have put up similar signs:


Doesn't make it any less hilarious.

No comments: