Try it!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Maybe they're just trying to broaden his horizons

A buddy of mine subscribes to a popular dating website. Not hating on him for that -- my old bass player met the woman who is now his wife and the mother of his two wonderful sons through an online dating service. And believe me, he married way out of his league. But I digress.

No, the only reason I mention this is because my friend forwarded to me an email he got from the dating website. Apparently the site sends its members invitations to singles events in your area periodically. He said he never goes to these events, so he actually had deleted without reading the email that is referenced in the email he forwarded to me, which read as follows:
[My friend's screen name],
You were recently invited to the Stir event, Telluride Gay Ski Week. However, due to an unfortunate "send snafu", we inadvertently sent this to all men. We apologize for the confusion this may have caused.

Rest assured, we know that you're a man seeking women and will continue working hard to make sure you only get invited to the events you're interested in attending.

Sincerely,
[The dating site of which he is a member]
His only comment to me? "Dude, when I got this you wouldn't believe how fast I checked my profile information to make sure I was in the right category. Wouldn't want to click the wrong box. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Indeed.
 

No comments: