Try it!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We seem to be having an actual winter here, for once

Ice storm last night. North and west of here there was lots of snow. Down in the District (south and east), they got rain. I had a hell of a time getting to work, not because the roads were icy -- treated in a timely manner, for the most part -- but because of downed trees and wires blocking my access to I-270. Two of my possible routes were blocked by a freight train stopped by a tree on the tracks. Good fun.

Naturally, I took some pictures before I left for work. Thankfully, this tree bore its burden well:


Naturally, I had to get a little artsy-fartsy:


Yeah, thems my windshield wipers.

I should have known, though, that Mrs. Wolves would get even more artsy-fartsy than I, especially given my time constraints. She took these with her far-superior camera. Looks like somebody shoulda took down those Christmas lights:


Will it break?


And more:


The field beyond is a sheet of ice:


There is talk of more snow this weekend. We'll see, I guess. Snow beats ice, anyway.

No comments: