Try it!

Monday, March 3, 2014

I am so tired of snow

Yes, we missed another day of work because of snow. We got about 6-8 inches last night and today, which I guess is a respectable total for this area. I'm sure we've exceeded the annual average for the area by a good bit, and I would be really happy if it would stop snowing. Mostly because every damn time it snows, it costs me a lot of money because the firm calls things off based on the federal government's decision. Because the federal government is run by limp-dick, risk-averse pussies, any snow means stay home. After all, if they pay employees to stay home, it's not their money. It's mine.

So, bitter about missing out on overtime hours, I decided to go ahead and get me some snow pictures.

Naturally, the auxilliary back-up dog was not happy about even 6-8 inches:


Jeb the Wonder Dog, on the other hand, had no such doubts:


Things looked familiar -- lots of snow:


So I went out on the roads to see what things looked like. Looks like the HOA is running out of salt. The road into my area had not been salted:


This jibed with what I heard on the radio, where a county official said the county was running out of salt. The roads looked like it. This is the main road through the area:


This is the main road to get from where we are to I-270, which is how commuters get to D.C.:


The lake has been frozen for a while, so I figured I should go ahead and get some pictures of some lake ice. Because the overnight low tonight is supposed to be 6 degrees, I figure we'll have lake ice for a while, but here's a vew looking toward the bridge. As you can see, only the part of the lake that has a current (it's a dammed lake with water flowing through) is not frozen:


More of the lake, different angle:


Looking a little more to the south:


Almost due west, from the bridge:


Some of these photos were taken from the car while on the move, so I apologize for the poor framing. On the other hand, if you don't like it, refer to the title of the blog.




No comments: