Try it!

Friday, March 14, 2014

I think this guy might be my hero

If I ever get bitten by an extremely deadly snake, I hope I have the courage to emulate Rod Sommerville, an Australian man who recently was bitten by an eastern brown snake, an incredibly deadly breed. He killed the snake, then sat down to have a beer while waiting for the ambulance:
The 54-year-old was moving a few pot plants in his yard when the two and half foot snake nipped him on the finger.
Rod's reaction was to grab his shovel and "whack it on the head".
As soon as he was done with the snake, he called an ambulance, grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down.
"I said to myself, if I'm going to cark it I'm going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie out of the fridge and drank that; 'cause you know eastern browns are the second most venomous snake in the world," Rod said
"If I'm going to cark it, I'm going to have a beer." The presence of mind here, the grace under pressure, is something the rest of us can only aspire to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, he IS an Aussie. He probably couldn't behave any different, even if he tried to.
/RAF