Try it!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Who loves you, baby? Tunisia, that's who

I got Tunisia. Were I a rapper, I probably would trot out rhymes including sqeeze ya, please ya, freeze ya, and get down on ya knees huh. Or something like that. As it is, I am trying to welcome Eff You's first visitor from Tunisia, and all this talk of hip hop is not doing much to ease ma way along. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, Tunisia is a North African country that can claim credit as the birthplace of the 2011 "Arab Spring," for better or worse. Tunisia also was where German Gen. Erwin Rommel made his last stand in Africa during World War II following Operation Torch, the American landing in Morrocco. The ruins of the ancient city of Carthage are in Tunisia.

Anyway, welcome, Tunisia, in a big Eff You way.

No comments: