Try it!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I been wanting this bumper sticker for a while now

I assume you've seen the "Coexist" bumper stickers that spell the word out using the symbols of various religions, like so:


I was not aware that "peace" or "ecology" were religions -- actually, I did know that the environment had become a religion for some people, but that is a topic for another day -- and I don't know what the "I" is for, but the "S" looks like Ying and Yang, which aren't exactly a religion so much as a philosophy. But what the fuck do I know? The one thing I am sure of is that of the three religious denominations depicted in that bumper sticker, one of the three wants to eliminate the other two. Feel free to guess who falls into what camp. Hardly sounds like the poster boy for coexistence.

My new bumper sticker, on the other hand, features entities that have no problem working together. They compete in the marketplace, but none of them has sworn to annihilate the others through use of force -- something at least one of the religions represented in the ironic "Coexist" bumper sticker can't say. My bumper sticker? Looks like this:


That's right, bitches. Gun manufacturers. They compete in the marketplace but do not attempt to kill each other. And let's face it -- your neighbor will be much more willing to coexist with you knowing that you are armed. Just sayin'.

No comments: