Try it!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's hard out here for a contract attorney

Might still be hard out here for a pimp, too, but it is damn sure getting nothing but ugly in the temp attorney market. Here's a recent posting on The Posse List:
[An agency I have worked for] is staffing a JD document review to begin next Monday, April 28th 2014.
If you are available and interested, please see the details below:
*Start date: Monday, April 28th 2014
*Duration: Approximately 1-2 weeks
*Location: Downtown, DC
*Pay Rate: $24.00/hr
*Hours: 40 hours per week, no OT currently
*Requirements: Qualified candidates will have previous document review experience and be available to work with no scheduling conflicts for the next 1-2 weeks.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please respond with your resume in WORD format to [the email address for an agency I have worked for] and reference "JD" in the subject line.
I almost didn't post on this, but then I thought, what the hell. The awful rate, the brevity, the lack of overtime and the fact that no bar membership is required ("JD project" means you only need to have graduated from law school; you don't need to have passed a bar exam anywhere) add up to make this a pathetic project. I am sure they had no trouble staffing it. Too many people are sitting at home hoping for a gig, any gig, to come along, so I know they won't pass this up. And yeah, I am laying eyes on the people who are on this project, and I don't think many of them are JD-only. Hard times, people.



No comments: