Try it!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Jeez Louise, that's a shitty gig

Because my project ended today, and I've been home sick (cough, cough) the last two days, I've been looking at pretty much every project posting out there, whether it is Posse List, Craig's List or wherever. I saw one that makes me fear for the future:
[An agency I've never heard of] is now hiring licensed attorneys for a new project starting THURSDAY, May 29 and lasting about 4 weeks (but possibly longer). The pay rate for this project is $22/hour and overtime, if available, is paid at time and a half. Review will take place at our client's facility in DC.
If interested, please submit your resume via email. All further communication about this project will be via email.
Dear Lord, I hope no one is interested in that. What does "licensed" mean? Is that "any bar membership," or DC bar? I can only assume it is any bar, but that is below even the JD-only rate. Speaking as a guy who is currently out of work, I can understand the temptation to take anything to bring some money in, but please. people, don't stoop this low.  It can only drag everyone down.

No comments: