Try it!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Somebody apparently doesn't understand that I will not comply

I'm not sure how I got this. Maybe somebody sent this to everyone in the country, I don't know. But they clearly don't understand why I did no sign up for ObamaCare:

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:01 AM, ObamaCare Deadline Missed <mtt4rk24@textflipr.com> wrote:
I do not recognize the federal government's power to command me to buy a product I do not want or need. Certainly I want health insurance, but I do not want health insurance with high premiums, high deductibles and mandate coverage for dozens of conditions and ailments -- inlcuding female-oriented birth control and maternity coverage -- that I do not want or need. I am an outlaw for a reason. Sending me pictures of a smiling liar will not change my mind. These plans have to be ObamaCare-compliant, and I simply will not participate in that scheme.

The supporters of ObamaCare don't understand the opposition, and they think that the fact that millions of people signed up means the program is a success. Well, if the law requires people to sign up, regardless of whether they want that particular insurance, then I would be far more interested in knowing how many people disobeyed the law and didn't sign up before I went around declaring the law a success. Apparently, most of the people who signed up had insurance before that was cancelled by ObamaCare. The previously uninsured did not sign up. That's a success? Really? Call me in the fall, when employers have to decide whether to offer health care in view of the mandate that comes into effect in 2015. Many might decide it is cheaper to pay the penalty and dump their employees' plans. We'll see. But don't call it a success yet, since it isn't doing what it purported to do -- insuring the uninsured -- and is fairly likely to have the opposite effect, ending insurance for the insured.

And, oh yeah, don't send me any more ads pitching me ObamaCare alternatives. I will not comply.





No comments: