Try it!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Yes, I did farm this weekend, it just took me a while to get around to it

Yeah, I went to the farm this weekend, and I did some stuff, and I'm not posting about it until two days later. Sue me. I went Sunday, did some farm-ey stuff for an hour or two, and then went home. But I took pictures, so you guys have to suffer through that shit. As it is, we have now entered a watch-it-grow stage, so you probably won't have to suffer through this shit for a while. Today, however, I subject you to this torture. And here it is:

First, the beans are coming in nicely, as are the peppers. The peppers are in the front half of the nearest bed; beans are in the back half of that bed and in the far bed. They are supposed to be bush beans and so should not need a trellis. On the other hand, I have been lied to by seed packages before, so we'll see.


The cucumbers are in and doing well:


 The second bed of peas also is moving along nicely:


Of course, that means I had to put up a trellis, which I did:


The spinach and radishes also are doing well:


As are the spuds:


With pretty much everything in the ground, and trellises up, we now are in watch-it-grow mode. I'm sure I'll put some stuff up over the coming weeks, but we now are waiting for harvest. This is not a good activity for the need-it-now generation. But I'll keep you posted.

No comments: