Try it!

Friday, June 20, 2014

If you don't cry at this, you aren't human

The kind of stuff I read on the interwebs often leads me to stories like this. I really don't want to quote from that blog, or the blog it led me to, part of which includes the update entries of the young hero's girlfriend. I'll just say this: Taylor Morris was a young man who enlisted and became a Navy EOD -- explosive ordinance disposal technician. In May 2012, he was injured in an IED explosion. I'm going to post this picture of Taylor and his girlfriend, Danielle, from before he went to Afghanistan:


I think they might be doing the "Safety Dance." Thanks to www.taylormorris.org for the picture, via cavemancircus. Other than that, I simply urge you to follow the links. It is truly inspirational what both of these young people have done in the face of unimaginable adversity, and if you don't cry at some point in following those links, then stay away from this blog. You scare me with your heartlessness. But I don't think my readers are like that, so donate through your tears.

Just in case they are doing the "Safety Dance" and you don't know what that is, here:


Despite that atrocious video, Men Without Hats was not a bad band -- Safety Dance actually was a really good song, and not even their best, in my opinion. That would be "Security:"


And, of course, pardon the digression, particularly if Taylor and Danielle's pose was not a "Safety Dance" reference.


No comments: