Try it!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

We have kit-tays in the house

Cpl. Wolves and Marrying Into Wolves obtained two kittens the other day. They are getting their own place soon -- Cpl. Wolves and Marrying Into Wolves, not the kittens -- but for now the kittens will live at Chez Wolves. Cpl. Wolves is going to Mountain Combat Training in California for a month in a couple weeks, so we will keep the kit-tays in the meantime.

They're really cute, and people tell me that kittens are the key to success on the interwebs, so I figured I would toss them out there, figuratively speaking. We'll start with pictures, then get some video up as soon as possible. By the way, their names are Murder and Mayhem -- which looks hilarious on their vet records, where they just got their shots. I think the names are appropriate. Their behavior tends to back up the names, and both appear to have an "M" etched in black stripes above their eyes. I shit you not. Anyway, kit-tay pictures:


I still can't tell them apart -- I'm not sure anyone can -- but this is Murder (or Mayhem -- whatever) attacking Jeb the Wonder Dog's tail. Jeb was a little unsure about these guys at first, but he's cool now, all of 48 hours later.


They are, after all, kittens, and so they sleep a lot. Last night, they came upstairs from the basement (where Cpl. Wolves' bedroom is) to the main floor when I got home at 9ish. They messed around while I messed around, then climbed up on one of the dining room chairs and took a nap.


One nap is never enough, so they messed around some more, then napped some more.

Both of them are up here on the main floor now -- at midnightish -- and one has climbed up into my lap three times while I'v been putting up posts. Thank God kitten claws won't penetrate denim.

Mrs. Wolves was taking pictures during the day, so those will be up soon. Can't wait to get some video. I hear cute kittens are money on the interwebs.

1 comment:

Cat said...

We rejoice here at the Cat House at your newly adopted family members and we raise up our voices in the song of our people.