Try it!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

I think I should stay out of the kitchen at work.

As if the image of bicyclists' butts wasn't enough to keep me away, the conversation I overheard later today should keep me away from the kitchen at work permanently. It also should fire up my effort to find an exit strategy, but that's a topic for another day.

Anyway, I was in the kitchen to refill my water bottle from the dispenser there that pretends to deliver filtered water but probably draws it straight from the Potomac. As I was waiting for the person in front of me to fill her 60-gallon water bottle, I got a dose of madness from some guy who was just standing around in the kitchen for no apparent reason.

He was talking about what I at first thought was a woman. I thought he had commitment issues. He said this:
Temp 1: She's so sophisticated, but it's hard to just turn myself over to her. But she knows my favorite routes. She always takes me the same way.
Yes, he was talking about his GPS, not a girlfriend. Looking at him, I decided not to burst his bubble. After all, interacting with his GPS is probably the only dates he ever has. Has to be the only female voice he ever hears that isn't saying "go away."

No comments: