Try it!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Go figure

I left work yesterday afternoon, certain that the project was over. However, no one with the agency knew, and no one with the law firm was talking -- something that wasn't making the agency very happy, as the law firms on this case have not been very cooperative. So I went home, figuring I would get an email last night letting me know the project was over.

I checked my email before I went to bed -- at about 8 pm, cuz my ass was dragging: nothing. Dogs woke me up about 1 am because the backup auxiliary dog wanted to poo, so I walked the dogs, checked my email: nothing. Set the alarm for a normal weekday wakeup time and went to bed.

The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning, as expected. Rather than jump in the shower, I went down to check my email: nothing. So I went to work, absolutely certain that the project was over, nobody told me, and I would just be turning around for home shortly after arriving.

Nope. Here I am, blogging behind enemy lines and, inexplicably, still employed. I'll take it, as I had nothing firm lined up for today anyway. With a little luck, this will create a little time for one of my other projects to come through. Sounds like as much of a plan as you can make in this business, where the only thing you can really plan on is everything changing unexpectedly. For once, that change is to my benefit. I've had lots of gigs end unexpectedly. This is the first one ever that didn't end unexpectedly.

No comments: