Try it!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Damn, I scored some swag!

A woman with whom I am working somehow scored tickets to an ultra-exclusive musical performance last night by Eric Paslay, an up-and-coming country artist. He's written five No. 1 country hits for other artists and, from his debut album, has one No. 1 himself and another top 30 hit, with a third single looking like it will go to No. 1 as well. I like him a lot.

Anyway, the woman with whom I work is apparently a go-getter, because she came to work today with a guitar pick (Eric Paslay personalized, no less) and a copy of his debut CD, autographed to me personally. Damn! That's a first for me -- the CD, not the pick. I still have, somewhere, a guitar pick from Joan Jett, black and in the shape of a hear -- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, get it? -- that I got from her in 1981 in a bar in Rochester, N.Y., the day after Thanksgiving.  Awesome show. Wish I could have seen Paslay last night, but there is still a chance to catch him opening for Dierks Bentley Saturday in Baltimore. We'll see. Anyway, for those of you not familiar with the man, here's a sample:


He's going to be big.

No comments: