Try it!

Friday, November 28, 2014

No, seriously, I was NOT dreaming of a white Thanksgiving

Of course, we got a white Thanksgiving despite what anyone around here might have been dreaming of. I'm already suffering from a little snow-related post traumatic stress syndrome from last year's endless snowfalls. Now, on Wednesday, we have this winter's first measurable snowfall. We got about 3 inches, which would have been a lot more but the precipitation was ahead of the temperature by about 8 hours, so for that period we got a lot of rain. That made it harder for the snow to stick at first when it finally did turn to snow, but it did turn, and it did stick. Naturally, I have pictures for you. Early on in the storm, I went ahead and too this shot from the front porch:


A little later, I got a shot of Jeb the Wonder Dog out in the snow:


There is no more majestic snow beast than Jeb the Wonder Dog:


A little later, I was out driving a back road that looked surprisingly clear:


I couldn't figure out why the road was not messier until I rounded a curve and saw this ahead of me:


That, children, is a snowplow clearing the road right ahead of me. How fortuitous. Finally, while walking Jeb the Wonder Dog along the cornfield, I took this shot:


Nothing like a little snowfall with nearly a month left in autumn. I've got a feeling we're going to get buried this winter.

No comments: