Try it!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sometimes you just gotta say, well, you know

Our project was working this weekend. I decided to get business done yesterday, then go work a longer day today since the Packers don't play until tonight. But the more I thought about this late-Thursday-afternoon-notice, we-ain't-gonna-finish-this-shit-this-weekend-anyway, why-can't-they-figure-shit-out-before-I-make-plans, the less inclined I was to go to work today. Sure, it would be more money on payday, but no one is replacing my time. I get how much I get, and that's it. So when the alarm went off this morning, my first thought was, their failure to plan properly is not my crisis. My second thought was actually just an action: I turned off the alarm, rolled over and went back to sleep. Sometimes, you just gotta say . . .


Who knew "Risky Business" could be a source of such wisdom?

No comments: