Try it!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Well, that was an exciting drive

We're supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight. Unfortunately, it started several hours before I left work, which meant about two inches had fallen by the time I got to my car at the Metro station -- just enough to make the roads a mess, but not enough to get the plows out yet. The 30 miles home -- the last 10 over some very hilly, twisty country roads -- was a joy. Obviously, I made it. Just 15 minutes after I got home, my car looked like this:


We were already better than 2 inches in by the time I walked Jeb the Wonder Dog, and the front yard looked like this:


Low teens, but no wind, so the walk wasn't as bad as the last couple of nights. But it was still stupid cold. Snow I can live with, but bitter cold is, like, totally not my thing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: