Try it!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Yet another exciting drive home

Saturday, we were projected to get 3-5 inches of snow, starting about noon. So I went to work, figuring I would leave at about 1 pm and get out before it got ugly. That really didn't work out too well. We got closer to 10 inches (out where I am, anyway) and it started at about 9 am. I left at noon when it became clear that the streets in DC were accumulating snow, and the traffic cameras indicated that I-270 was turning into a ski slope. Yeah, it wasn't early enough. It took me more than 3 hours to get home -- normally a 1 hour trip when I drive in on a weekend. It really sucked. This is what it looked like about an hour after I got home. Note: the car on the left is the one I drove, and it had only been there about an hour:


We wound up getting 8-10 inches. I think closer to 10:


It kept coming down until about 8 pm:


Jeb the Wonder Dog likes snow. As you can see from the depth at the end of the shoveled portion of the sidewalk, we got a bit:


At about 8 pm, it turned to freezing rain, which made the walk with Jeb really pleasant. It also kept me from going to work Sunday, because the roads were a skating rink.

No comments: