Try it!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I hate this fucking business

Ideally, I would have rolled over to another project at the firm I was at last week right after my project ended. That was what everyone wanted -- me, the firm, the agency, and the folks working the project I am supposed to roll over to -- but the partner whose approval is needed to add people to that project didn't get the word, apparently. Everyone agrees that project needs more people, but first they need this partner's approval. Not forthcoming so far, weeks into the process.

So I've been applying for backstop jobs, and this is where how this industry works has been working against me. Every agency has an A list -- people they go to first because they know them and those people usually work for that agency. They go beyond the A list only when they have to. I have worked for so many agencies, I don't even know if I am on an A list anywhere. Maybe two agencies. Unfortunately, the four jobs I have applied for in the last week are with agencies I have either never worked for or haven't worked for in many years. Needless to say, I am 0-for-4. Which sucks. It's not like these were primo projects. They were projects I was totally willing to jump from when my rollover comes, even if it meant completely burning my bridge with that agency. These assholes won't even give me the opportunity to abuse them, damn it!

So, I remain unemployed, and increasingly nervous. Something better happen soon, or else I'll have to start robbing liquor stores, and .45 ammo don't come cheap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, man.

/RAF