Try it!

Monday, May 4, 2015

I guess the whole point of blitzkrieg is you don't see it coming -- and I didn't

Blitzkrieg, of course, is the German strategy of "lightning war" developed for World War II involving an extremely rapid, unexpected attack. Worked pretty well for a while there. Anyway, Germany just launched a traffic blitzkrieg on me, at least by his blog's standards. This is not a high-traffic blog. But today I got almost as many visitors from Germany as I normally get total in a month. Obviously, some kind of computer bots are involved, as I have no indications they were looking for anything in particular. Nonetheless, the traffic pushed all-time blog traffic past 120,000 visitors today, a milestone worth noting.

It also is worth noting that Denmark, which was steadily creeping up on Germany for the No. 3 spot on the list of all-time visitors, has been blown out of the water by this unexpected surge. In the absence of a major recruiting effort by my Denmark readers, I think Germany is safe at No. 3 for the foreseeable future.

No comments: