Try it!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Did a little farming on Saturday

Yes, it tends to take me a few days to put up my Farm posts. One reason is the heat here is so bad, I am drained when I get home. The other reason is I am just fucking lazy. In any event, Jeb the Wonder Dog came along, of course, and the heat was hitting him hard, too:







With few exceptions, though, the heat seemed to not be an issue for the crops. Here, the onions continue to thrive, post-weeding:


The squash and zucchini are starting to flower. I suspect this weekend I will see fruit:


The potatoes are mighty:


From the right, the carrots, beans and peppers are doing well:


Up close and personal, the beans are flowering:


The peppers are producing:


The lettuce is booming:


The peas suffered a catastrophic trellis failure during a thunderstorm -- they have come nightly the last week or so and have been exceptionally violent -- and so we were harvesting, trying to save what we can:


The maters look good, and are flowering:


The squash and zucchini need weeding, though:


Our pea rescue efforts turned out reasonably well:


I'll probably have to go by one night this week to finish harvesting the peas so we don't lose them. Next weekend, I suspect we will be putting something else in that bed.

No comments: