Try it!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I've been sitting on this Farm post for several weeks

It was nearly three weeks ago that I got back to The Farm. It actually was my usual weekly visit, but some major life events intervened, and so I am only posting about it now. This visit was not 3 days ago, nor 10 days ago, it was 17 days ago. Things looked pretty good. The tomatoes were coming in nicely:


The various herbs were doing well:


The old potato bed was coming up well:


The squash and zucchini were getting started:


Even the new potato bed was coming in nicely:


As were the beans:


We put in peppers, and they were looking good:


OK, the lettuce as getting a little unruly:


As were the radishes:


So I harvested a bunch of radishes:


They had been planted close, but not thinned. I blame Farmer Tom for this. In any event, I harvested and thinned:


I'm not sure how much it helped. The garlic clearly was enjoying the full-sun location, though:


We also put out some bug traps to protect the beans. They catch a LOT of bugs:


Just don't put them too close to the plants you want to protect -- they attract bugs, after all.

So 2-1/2 weeks ago was a fairly uneventful Farm visit. I missed the next week for reasons that will become clear shortly, and the visit a few days ago revealed a serious lack of attention to our crops. Stay tuned.

No comments: