Try it!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Seriously, is this what I have to look forward to?

My project is winding down. We probably have a couple-three weeks to go, but it could be less. Could be more, but it is time to get antsy. So I am looking, and I am not encouraged at the prospects. On the upside, there are a lot of projects out there. On the downside, very few have overtime, most have a crappy rate, and many are short-term, leaving you looking for work again in a couple weeks.

And they you find yourself looking at ads for crap like this:
Hello, I am staffing a project that is expected to start sometime within the next two weeks. It is $26/hr and will last 4-6 weeks, possibly longer. To be considered, you must be actively barred in any US jurisdiction. If you are interested and available, please let me know and I will keep you informed as I receive additional details about the project start. Thank you in advance.
Wow. The bottom end of this crappy market is $30 an hour, and there are places you can get $35 or $37, just for straight document review. Privilege work and team leads can yield even better rates. Granted, that work is hard to get right now, but taking this project would require major desperation. While most of the projects out there suck, with a bad rate and no overtime, I haven't seen any that suck as bad as that one. Good luck staffing it.

No comments: