Try it!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Who thought this was a good idea?

I have two dogs, as regular readers know: Jeb the Wonder Dog, a collie who weighs about 60 pounds, and Sadie the Auxiliary Back-up Dog, who weighs about 10 pounds. Needless to say, they use different leashes, especially since I often walk both at the same time.

Now, in their infinite wisdom, the makers of dog leashes -- and we're talking about retractable leashes here -- make the leashes of different sizes and strengths depending upon the weight of the dog to be walked. Big dogs = heavy-duty leash, small dog = light leash. This makes sense, of course -- at least when you are talking about the actual leash, string, whatever that attaches to the dog. When you're talking about the handset, though, somebody had a failure of imagination. As you can see, the big-dog leash is big, and the little-dog leash is little:


But did they think my hand would get smaller when walking the little dog? Seriously:


All of my fingers fit in the big-dog leash, while I can barely get three fingers in the small one. I understand why the cord is smaller in one than in the other, but my hand is the same size regardless of which dog I am walking. These leashes happen to be from the same manufacturer, but this disconnect applies to all makers. Who the fuck designed these things, and do they own dogs? Or have hands?

No comments: