Try it!

Friday, December 4, 2015

I can't believe what I just saw

So, I got home in time to watch the Packers play the Lions. I had Mrs. Wolves record the game on DVR so I could go back to the beginning, but fast forward through the commercials. Midway through the third quarter, I was caught up.

So much for technical details. We got our asses kicked in the first quarter, not so much in the second and third quarters. Down 20-0 late in the third, the Packers apparently decided to win. Two quick touchdowns made it 20-14, then the Lions scored a field goal, making it 23-14. With about three minutes left, the Packers scored a touchdown to make it 23-21. We stopped the Lions and got the ball back with 30 seconds left. A couple plays later, we were 65 yards from the endzone with 6 seconds left. A defensive penalty -- some Lion grabbed Aaron Rodgers' facemask -- on what should have been the last play of the game gave Green Bay one more shot. They did this:

But first, did I mention I went ahead and made some game food? Yeah, did some bacon-wrapped tater tots:


They were excellent. Anyway, with no time left, 65 yards away from the end zone, the Packers did this:
 
 
Richard Rodgers is all alone, tracking the ball the whole way, with no Detroit defenders paying him any attention. Kind of like this guy:
 
 

Looking at his phone. Probably texting a buddy who couldn't get tickets, "We just beat the Packers again!" Hope he hadn't hit "send."
 
Anyway, it wasn't always pretty, but we got the W. I'll take it.


No comments: