Try it!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

2 pm and Tsnow-nami continues to try and kill us

I've never seen anything like this. I've always lived in the South -- this is as far north as I have ever lived -- but this is astounding. I realize many parts of the country get this kind of thing routinely, but this isn't one of them. This storm is a record-setter for this area. We're at about 3 feet of snow, and it is still coming down. These pictures are from about 2 pm -- probably 6 inches ago. Here, we have Jeb the Wonder Dog allowing me to break trail so that he can go drop a deuce:


Eventually, he had to go find his own spot. It was hilarious to watch him bounding through unbroken snow:



I think he eventually found a spot underneath a pine tree where the snow wasn't up to his asshole. On the way back, I marveled at how high snow was piling up on our neighbor's dormers:


It is still coming down, of course, but it's now dark. I still have a set of photos to post from about 4 pm. Stay tuned. Power still on, satellite still works. Life is good.

No comments: