Try it!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Yeah, the shooting was good

In case anyone was wondering, the day at the shooting range went well. Cpl. Wolves accompanied me and Mrs. Wolves to a nearby shooting range. Cpl. Wolves patiently taught Mrs. Wolves how to handle a firearm safely and how to shoot it, and how to hit things that she was shooting at. She was a good student. While that was going on, one shooting lane over I put a bunch of rounds through the .45 into what I thought were decent groupings at the sort of range at which you use a .45 -- 7 yards.

Mrs. Wolves mostly fired the .22 rifle, and did reasonably well, especially for a novice. She only fired a few rounds with the .45, but did very well with that. She walked out with a newfound confidence that if things go sideways, she'd be OK. Cpl. Wolves and and I then fired the AR-15 for a bit. Then we all went to lunch. Only the people I work with and their kind think this is a weird way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: